In this blog series, we will look at running a seamless warehouse (Part 1) and take a deeper dive into JDA Warehouse Luminate Tasking and how this can improve your warehouse operations (Part 2)
Are You Running A Seamless Warehouse?
When it comes to running a seamless warehouse, three very important factors come into play — strong leadership, constant improvement of warehouse operations and optimising your workforce. As part of this optimising workforce, efficiency should be an ongoing process in a warehouse. The less time and effort that’s wasted getting a task done, the healthier the bottom line will look.
Below is a simple yet important checklist to ensuring a seamless warehouse:
- Eliminate the amount of travel within the facility to decrease the labour task time
- Reduce the number of process or steps to simplify any task to decrease the labour task time
- Get rid of paper-based operations to reduce errors and or better communication
- Reduce product handling to minimise labour task time.
- Leveraging the latest technologies available which can do better planning and helps to execute the operations to give a competitive advantage
In our next blog, we’ll be talking about the advantages of JDA Warehouse Luminate tasking and how this can improve your warehouse operations (Part 2)
If you’re looking to improve the efficiency of your warehouse, we can help. Talk to our experienced and knowledgeable team